The Firm is distinguished by its performance and expertise in matters related to International Trade and Customs Law in Argentina. The members of the Department of International Trade and Customs Law have a solid experience in this field.
We provide comprehensive advice to our national and international clients.
We have an economist special counsel specialized in industry’s economics and trade.
In a context of growing demand for advice on issues related to trade, import and export, due to the increasing volume of commercial operations, the International Trade area provides extensive advice to its clients on issues such as:
- Antidumping investigations, safeguards and benefits brought by the Argentine Republic against third party exports. Furthermore, we have advised different sectors of the domestic production.
- Regulations on international trade of services and goods: international distribution agreements and international purchase of goods, among others. Application of bilateral or multilateral trade treaties both within the Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR) and the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Import Licenses. Import of used capital goods and production lines. Registration of companies before the Ministry of Production to obtain import and export permits.
- WTO Dispute Settlement.
- Technical obstacles to free trade: Implementation of technical barriers in the different markets.
- Amendments of extra zonal external duties by the different MERCOSUR technical committees.
Our customs practice covers a wide range of matters. Our firm specializes in analyzing, counselling, and assisting our clients in all conflicts arising against the custom service, involving either administrative or judicial procedures.
We provide full services to companies regarding how to perform international operations (import and export), including (but not limited to):
- Rules of Origin.
- Custom valuation of merchandise.
- Tariffs classifications.
- Special import or export regimes.
- Interpretation and application of domestic and international regulations (especially regarding to WTO and other regional and international agreements).
- Legal defense in custom summaries initiated due to infringements to the Custom Law in different jurisdictions.